At A&B Portable Toilets, Inc., we know that even people who have a septic system may be unfamiliar with what it takes to keep it in good condition and spot problems. Luckily, we’re to help you recognize when it’s time to call for septic services by listing off five signs that you need them sooner rather than later.
- Slow or Clogged Drains- If water is taking much longer to drain than usual, this could mean that your septic tank is full and that the system could start to back up. That can quickly turn into a health hazard, so it’s best to call for septic services soon if you can’t think of any other reason why the drains would be slow.
- Strange Gurgling Noises- Gurgling noises can be an early sign of a system backup. This means you have a good chance of preventing a more costly problem if you call a septic professional right away to resolve the issue.
- Foul Odors- If it smells like sewage in your home or building, then you know there’s probably excess waste in your septic tank that needs to be pumped out soon.
- Pooling Water or Lush Grass- These are signs to watch for near your drain field. They indicate that there’s an issue with your septic tank that needs to be inspected or that the tank is full and causing excessive effluent to rise and overwhelm the drain field.
- Several Years Since Last Pumping- Most septic systems need to be pumped every 3 to 5 years, so if it has been about that long since the last time your septic system was pumped, don’t wait to schedule this service.
If you need septic services in Greensboro, North Carolina, contact us today.